How come your rates are cheaper than others?
I can charge a lesser rate because I own my equipment outright, and I am not solely relying on DJ income to make ends meat. I enjoy providing entertainment to others, and seeing people dance and have a great time.
Can I see you perform another event in advance of hiring you?
While I do not mind visitors coming to hear me play, others may! Most events that I play at are private. As with your event, I would assume that you would not want me inviting just anyone to come and hear me play.
I do however occasionally play public events, and yes you are more than welcome to come to one of those.
Why do I have to sign a contract?
Contracts define exactly what is expected of me, they are there for your protection as well as mine. The event that you book me for should go off without a hitch, and the contract helps insure that my end of the work is defined and performed as specified.
What is the policy on cancellations after signing the contract?
In the unfortunate event that your party or wedding is cancelled please notify me at once. Any cancellations 30 days prior to the event will be a 100% refund of any deposits. Anything under 30 days you will forfeit your booking fees.
Will my guests be able to request music?
Absolutely! Guests can request music at anytime during your event, and their requests will be played. The only time that this would not be the case is if you define music that you do not want played.
Examples would be:
No Van Halen
My goal is to insure your guests are kept engaged and happy, this is accomplished by playing what they would like to hear.
How can I insure that you will have specific music for my event?
Whenever I book an event, I give a link to the “purchaser” of my services to fill out, this will include music, announcements and schedule. I also always ask for a list of about 25-50 songs that you like, this will help me insure that I have that genre of music for your event.
How much time is needed for you to set up on the day of my event?
Set-up and breakdown times vary depending on the venue, but in most cases this can be accomplished in an hour before and after, these time frames are not part of the “performing time” that you are paying for. For example, if your event is from 7-11pm, you are only paying for 7-11pm and not the set-up or breakdown after.
I do ask that you insure there is access to the venue and space you are having your event at least 1.5 hours prior.
Some reasons you can feel confident on hiring DJ Alan:
- I never forget that the event and special day is about you and your guests, not me. I am not there to be a star, I am there to entertain your guests and insure that my performance meets the goals you outline.
- Volume will be set for the comfort of your guests, you may of course at anytime ask for the levels to be turned up or down as needed.
- Requests are always accepted and played unless there is an instance that I do not have it, or you have requested it not to be played. I will always be polite and respectful towards you and your guests with any interaction I have.
- I will be happy to make any announcements you may have or want. And if you want to use the mic, you are more than welcome to do so.
- My music library is huge, over 100K songs and growing daily. I belong to many record pools and have top quality music, not freebie downloads.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!